Pensacola is reaching for the sky with a new attraction that will have kids and grownups literally jumping for joy.
Sky Zone – the world’s first all-trampoline walled playing court – has come to town. Created in 2004, the concept was so unique it was awarded United States Patent No. 5,624,122, according to Meredith Dishner, Regional Director of Community Relations.
The indoor trampoline park offers a wide array of fun, fit and low-impact activities including open jump, Ultimate Dodgeball and SkyRobics fitness classes.
It’s a great place to bring the kids on a rainy day – or when you just plain need a break from the beach.
The Pensacola Sky Zone is owned and operated by Peter Busenlener and his partners. “I’m so excited to bring Sky Zone to this area,” Busenlener says. “It’s a perfect family activity for a family-oriented place like Pensacola.”
Even the youngest members of your family can have fun here.
“At Sky Zone our rule is ‘if you can walk, you can jump!'” Dishner says. “We offer different activities and programs to provide awesome, healthy fun that is just the right size for our special guests.”
The Toddler Zone is exclusive to guests 5 years old and younger, a mini version of favorite activities sized just right for their enjoyment. The space is designed so that parents or guardians can be close by to assist their littles if needed, but still give them the ability to play freely on the trampolines, SkySlam (basketball hoops) and FoamZone (a pit of foam cubes).
Size separation keeps jumpers of similar sizes together for the safest experience. Sky Zone is designed for everyone, so long as all guests ‘fly safe.’ Dishner recommends you stay within your comfort zone and follow the rules. Friendly team members are always on hand to monitor activity.
The world’s first and only trampoline park is lauded as the inventor of ‘fun fitness,’ and has been voted No. 1 ‘Out of the Box’ Workout as well as ‘Best Party Ever.’
SkyZone offers SkyFit classes in a non-intimidating group setting. Basically, you can burn calories and build muscle while bouncing and having a blast. The first class is free, and after that, they’re just $10. SkyFit classes are Monday through Thursday at 6 p.m. and Saturday at 9 and 10 a.m.
Things to Know Before You Go:
- There is no admission fee. You only pay if you jump. You don’t have to pay to watch.
- All participants must complete a waiver. Waivers should only be filled out by a parent or legal guardian. Waivers can be completed in advance online at Skyzone.com/Pensacola or at one of the on-site kiosks.
- You can’t wear your own socks. SkySocks are required. They can be purchased upon check-in for $2 and are yours to keep and reuse as long as they are clean and grips are intact.
- At the FUEL ZONE, guests can purchase hot food, fountain drinks, bottled drinks, frozen drinks, coffee and a variety of snacks. (No outside food or beverages are allowed inside the park with the exception of birthday cakes brought in for birthday parties.)
- The quiet parent lounge offers free Wi-Fi.
- Due to capacity restrictions, SkyZone recommends guests purchase tickets online prior to arriving to secure a jump time.
- Jump times start every hour and half hour. The last available jump time of the day will start 30 minutes prior to closing time.
“We are dedicated to providing you with the pure joy that comes with flying. We are sky lovers, thrill seekers and people who believe that jumping is freedom,” Dishner says. “We believe fitness can be fun and play can be smart. We are healthy and bursting with energy. We fly high and keep it safe. We are Sky Zone!”
Take flight today at Sky Zone Pensacola.
Sky Zone is located at 5007 N Davis Highway #8a in Pensacola, FL. For more information, please call visit the trampoline park website.
– Ashley Kahn Salley
Lead Storyteller, Innisfree Hotels